Find your gratitude anchors

It's raining outside...again. We are entering day 486 of the stay at home order and I know I am not the only one whose attitude could be better. I know there are many factors and many layers to why I feel this way and why my disposition is less than rosy! 

Several years ago, I created a workshop called "Attitude of Gratitude" which was based around the idea of finding ways to be grateful. I occasionally go back to the material from that workshop and use it to help me find the good in situations. So, if you are struggling with the state of the world, the weather, or fear of the unknown, here are a few lists you can make to anchor yourself in gratitude. 

1) Make a list of the things that make you happy right now. Nothing is off limits. 
2) List the things that you are good at. 
3) Reflect on the best choices you've made in your life. 
4) List the things you like to do that don't involve technology. 
5) List the things in your life that you actually ARE in control of. 

Starting with these five lists can help you find anchor points for a positive mindset. Let me know how they work for you! 

Comments

  1. I think these are excellent--and helpful--lists as a counterweight to negative thought tracks that I replay in my head...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gimme a break!

The world is weird...